Friday, January 05, 2007

Rose Parade Ratings Drop Without Stephanie

KTLA's Rose Parade ratings were off 14% this year. It appears a fairly significant number of viewers may have voted against KTLA's booting of longtime parade host Stephanie Edwards with their remotes.

Of course, it's also possible that more viewers were at home last year due to rainy weather, but I'm guessing there was also a "Stephanie effect" on the ratings.

Details at L.A. Observed (subject link) and from the Orange County Register's Frank Mickadeit.

Like L.A. Observed, this blog saw a remarkable surge in traffic due to interest in Stephanie. I think HGTV would be wise to hire her for next year's broadcast.

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

If I knew how to type/spell an evil laugh right now I would!

This drop in ratings will do nothing to change managements minds, though, because they still whipped the competition. For HGTV it will take more than Stephanie to help them. They need better camera position/work also. I did not see it (no cable) but my brother gave up watching them as he said they were terrible.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I think the color was pretty good on HGTV, compared to the over-the-air networks, but they definitely didn't have the camera positions that KTLA has... Laura

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older